Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 29: It's Time to Play the Music, It's Time to Light the Lights!

Welcome to Disney week! Hopefully you can all tell by the blog title what Disney characters we celebrated today. It's the most sensational celebrational muppetational this is what we call the Muppet Show! It was Muppet day here today, and the boys all agreed they enjoyed the projects I had on tap, and are looking forward to what else Disney week has in store (I am TOTALLY psyched for Friday, just sayin') 


After a morning of school work, we started in on the activities I had for the day. First up, I had found a template for some simply muppet finger puppets. 


We all folded them according to the instructions and had some fun with them when we were done. 


Peyton picked Animal. 


Calib had Fozzy. 


Hayden got the last pick and ended up with Kermit, giving me Miss Piggy (I figured that was the one I would end up with) 


Afterwards we made some Kermit cozies for the boys cups and water bottles. 


A little hot glue and some felt and they were complete. 


Then it was time for the big project of the day. We made Muppet pillows! We'll have to see how the Sharpie holds up, but I've seen this all over Pinterest, but so far so good. 


I had some white material in my sewing drawers that was easy enough to see through, so the boys traced away. 


Lots of printed out Muppet coloring pages later, the boys were ready for a sewing lesson. 


It turned out ok, we had some issues- but for their first time out sewing, not too bad. 


I let them all go through my sewing drawers and pick out material for the back, and I used blanket batting to give it a little more structure since I had it on hand. Peyton and Calib both picked a solid back, but Hayden was partial to the tiki guys. 


They might not be the best sewing ever done, but the boys like them. 


I even got a couple 'this is the best project!' so I'm going to call it a win. 


Dinner this week is also full of the Disney theme. Tonight we had Fiagro Fries (which sadly they've stopped serving in Disney World), and a knock off of the yummy chicken tenders they have at Downtown Disney at Planet Hollywood (the secret ingredient: Captain Crunch!) 


The Figaro Fries (while wildly unhealthy, I'm sure) were AWESOME. 


Then for dessert we had another Disney favorite in this house, the Kitchen Sink that they serve at Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club. 


It's really just a giant bowl of ice cream that serves a crowd with every topping you can come up with thrown in. 


I'd be remiss if I didn't mention today is my mom's birthday! Sadly, we're not celebrating with her this year with a slip n slide, but we'll be up to Ohio soon enough. We'll owe her a Coconut Cake! 

Happy Birthday Mom, we love you! 


Next Up: More Disney Magic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment