Sunday, March 29, 2020

Social Distancing Jounral, Day 16

I was actually pretty busy today, I finished up John Tyler's birthday for tomorrow, we got outside, we played some games, we drew with sidewalk chalk. It's not that any of this is terrible, bordom is not going to kill us. It's all just a good way to focus on what you do have and find the fun and joy in that.  And we've all got to have the mind set that aren't we LUCKY to be SAFE at home, instead of being stuck at home. 

So I didn't pay too much attention to national news again today. I can tell you without even looking the numbers jumped, and Trump said something stupid. 

I do know Florida is just about at 5,000 cases, and national news is starting to catch on to the fact that we're not doing near enough here. 

But as for us today, I had lovely morning coffee with these guys. Think how happy dogs are everywhere to have their humans home so much! Cats on the other hand, are probably like 'what the hell is going on?!?' We need to be more like dogs. 



Sunday morning bike rides are a sense of normalcy for me. Not that much day to day has changed, but I can tell you as someone who lives with anxiety, a global pandemic doesn't exactly help. But anyway, it's good to get out and get some sun. Especially these days where the sun is getting more intense by the day. You've got to get used to these things, so when we can all go places again we don't wither in the heat and the sun.  So off Asa and I went on our bike ride. We came across a baby gator today! 


And a turtle just out for a stroll. This was the first time we rode our bikes through the Groves in a couple weeks. Usually on a Sunday the golf course community is hopping. We only saw a few guys out in the golf carts, but other than that it was really quiet. The aquatic driving range and the clubhouse are all closed, which is good to see. 


Asa and I also practiced social distancing while riding our bikes. This was actually the first week where I noticed people we passed would stay six feet away at least. The last couple of weeks, that hasn't necessarily been the case. We took the trail in Connerton but didn't see any new sidewalk chalk. 


There was some sidewalk chalk in the tunnel though. 


We also came across a couple of baby cranes we watched for awhile, because how can you not love baby cranes? They become mean old guys when they get bigger. But the babies are ADORABLE! 


When we passed by Connerton Elementary, there were some teachers holding signs in the round-a-bout telling kids 'we miss you' with signs. A couple of cars went by honking, and then some kids came by in a car with signs telling their teachers they missed them too. 

Back in our subdivision I ran over to the sand to put my feet in again. I'm telling you, it's good for the soul. What exactly are the rules on picnics? Like not at a table. But what if one day I took a beach towel down and picnic lunched in the sand. Is that a thing I'm allowed to do? I feel like I don't know what's ok and what's not these days. 



Usually we'd come back from a bike ride this time of year and hit the pool. But, that's not a thing we can do these days. Thank goodness for inflatable pools out back. 


And I mean, there are certainly worse places to be quarentined than my backyard, you know? 


We had pizza for dinner too, which is always fun. Not take out, but naan bread pizzas. It uses up random things you have left around from the week before, and everyone is always really happy with it. 


We even got to put all kinds of stuff on the garden on the pizzas, we picked a tomato, a banana pepper some arugula and some green onions. While outside harvesting, Calib and Asa found a really tame lizard. 

 After dinner we played Tammany Hall. Here's the good news, Hayden is 14 now, so all those harder, more complicated strategy board games that have been gathering dust for awhile, I'm confident he can grasp. Plus we just talked about Tammany Hall and Thurlow Weed during Grover Cleveland's birthday last week. 


Tomorrow morning is trash pick up day, and we wanted to let our sanitation workers know we appreciate them working hard with all this craziness. 


But we can't forget our mail carriers either. Asa thinks we might get a letter about drawing with chalk in the street, but we'll see. I can always take the hose to it tomorrow after the mail comes when I'm watering my plants (because I do have to water my plants every day, it hasn't rained in over a month. Not even a sprinkle!) 


The guys, Peyton included (gasp!) are outside playing basketball now. I'm hopign to head to bed early to watch a couple of Ozark episodes. But, we'll see. Last night we didn't get to an episode because we played Jackbox with Jake over Google Hangouts. 



Most popular "hurricane snacks": Bananas. We have like two left, and I'm not going to the store until Wednesday or Thursday. 

Current binge watching obession: Ozark! 

Most popular game: Tammany Hall

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 1. We kept busy today and had fun hanging out

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 12.5. Hayden put it on first thing this morning. We also watched Frozen I while I was working on stuff for his schoolwork this week. 

Trips to the store: 2, and one take out trip

Days Down: 16

Days Remianing: Undetermined. 


No comments:

Post a Comment