Monday, March 23, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day Ten

Hey guys, quick check in tonight. I know were somewhere over 40,000 cases in the US, and Trump is considering trying to get people back to work next Monday, which since Florida still hasn't gotten around to locking things down all that well in the first place, I find upsetting. But, I'll stay in, and that's what I can control. I know Florida cases topped 1,200.

But other than that, it's been a pretty usual Monday around here. I took the three dogs for a walk by myself, which I think I'm going to stop doing. It was a bit of a disaster today with all the people out walking their dogs. Ellie goes for lizards, while Porkchop and now Phenom growl and bark their heads off, trying to slip their leashes. It's not great. It's getting a little warm to take them on long walks too, so I'm kind of thinking I'll take the little two, and then Ellie if I'm the only one walking them.


I did see people trying to keep busy while I was out, there were a couple slip n slides, soem sidewalk chalk, and this cool mosaic painters tape that I assume is going to be colored in with sidewalk chalk. 


We did Khan Academy, Finer things, and a couple other things today. But mostly our day looked like this: Peyton sitting on the couch playing video games, watching Disney movies. 


And Calib trying to stay awake. Since his 8 am math class got changed to online, he's been sleepign in later and later. In an effort to adjust he's trying to cycle all the way through by staying up all night. He's done it, it's 8:17 and he hasn't been in bed since 3:30 yesterday afternoon. 


But we might have kept him awake with a spray bottle once or twice. 


Mondays again, are one of Asa's two long days, so I usually take the day to catch up on things, laundry and such. So, I did do that today. 


And we did our ten minutes of disinfecting. 


We had chili for dinner and ate outside on the porch. 


And Hayden and I did our first coronavirus puzzle, fittingly it was the periodic table the the elements (1000 peices, and pretty easy with the words on it, so we easily did it in an afternoon). 


PSA for all of you schooling your kids at home, some days this is what "school" looks like, and that's ok! 


Lets do a Bingo check in! We're close in a couple different spots. Shout out to my cousin, Max, who let me know Sports TV had gone the way of discussing life issues. 



Most popular "hurricane snacks": We're down a box of toaster strudles after their discovery yesterday

Toilet paper supply: Still Plenty!

Current binge watching obession: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist. It's not amazing. We're really reaching here. 

Most popular game: Puzzles! 

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 1. We were fine today, trying to keep Calib awake, building our puzzle and getting everything together to Celebrate Grover Cleveland's birthday tomorrow kept me busy. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 9. It's pretty much a daily occurance at this point. Hayden is jsut finishing it up as I sit here and type. 



Trips to the store: 1

Days Down: 10

Days Remianing: Undetermined. Less than a week if Trump has anything to say about it, apparently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment