Saturday, March 21, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day Eight

26,663 cases in America today, about 6,000 more than when I wrote my blog yesterday. I don't have much more national news for you. I sort of tuned it out, and it's nearing 10 and I try and avoid news too close to bedtime (I want to destress!) I think another state or two issued "shelter in place orders", though.

Last I heard Florida is over 700 cases. But again, I don't know what's going on too much here either. Sort of tuned out today, which we all need to do every now and again. As far as I know, nothing much has changed. I didn't leave the immediate area of my house today, but Asa and Hayden went for a bike ride and said the neighborhood was full of people having parties, kids bikes piled in front of houses, and gaggles of teen girls. I can tell you on my street, there was lots of cars parked on the street (something we're not supposed to do, but our driveways are so short if you have more than a visitor or two, you have to park on the street- meaning lots of people were having visitors.)

Maybe I'm not one to talk. I don't know the rules on social distancing exactly, but one of our neighbors left to visit their kids and asked if we would watch their dog. They also told us to feel free to use their pool. Since we can't go to the neighborhood pool (not that I would, AND it's closed), I was ready to jump at the offer.)

Here's a Florida PSA for you: Make sure you go outside a little each day. Get used to the increased heat, and sun intensity-- or we're all going to walk out of our houses in the summer, and burn to a crisp immediatly, and complain more than usual about the heat. Right now is when I try to spend lots of time outdoors (Disney especially) to start gearing up for summer, so I'm going to have to get in outside time when I can.


So, anyway, when we went over to the pool we did make sure to lysol wipe down all the gate and door handles we used, and even the pool bar. I tried to be thorough! 


Mostly Peyton is walking their dog, but Asa did it tonight and we let Ellie go with a new friend. Good news, dogs don't have to social distance, just people! 


Lets do a garden check. Something ate a couple of my squash yesterday. But, I still have some. 


I thinned out the radishes some, but I might have to do a little more. Those seeds are SO. FRICKEN. TINY! We did learn you can eat the radishes you thin out though. We had nachos for dinner tonight, and just threw them on top with the lettuce and tomatoes. 


Grover Cleveland's birthday was Wednesday, but we're not doing it until next week. I finished taking my notes, and worked on the election sheets. The good news is I get all the election sheets done for Grover Cleveland and Benjamin Harrison in one swing. I did have a change of scenery mid-day and do some work on the front porch. 


Meanwhile, the guys were outside playing basketball. They used sidewalk chalk to make different areas worth different points. 


It's the weekend, and I always skip my lentils and cauliflower rice or eggs florentine for something more fun (and higher calorie), so we had BLT's... but I also had some sunchips. Last time my mom was here, I tried to convince the boys to get these over the baked chips, but they wouldn't budge. My mom was like "why don't you get both, the sunchips might not be your first choice now, but once all that food is gone, you'll be glad you have it." And here we are. Good thinking ahead, mom! 


We also did our candy bar election debates for the Chewy party. Hoping to get the chocolate party done tomorrow! 


This is how we kept Etta out of the kitchen while we filmed, a little behind the scenes for you! 


We haven't played any traditional board games since our social distancing began, just things like boggle and bananagrams. It's appropriate that the first true board game we pulled out was Pandemic. We won, too. There's hope! 


Starting Week 2, it's time for another batch of Hayden's brownies! 


We spent the evening playing some Mario Kart, and some Jackbox TV games too. 


Let's do a check in on bingo, I realized yesterday we should have crossed off Trump signs Coronavirus Relief Bill, because technically he signed the one where you don't have to pay to get tested, among other things, but we were thinking more like the stimulus or unemployment or something, so we're not calling Bingo just yet. But, we did get to cross off "Mike Pence gets tested for coronavirus" today. 


We're starting our second week, but I'm not feeling as stir crazy as I thought I would. I'm going for walks and bike rides, and spending time outside, and we're all hanging out. It probably helps Calib and Peyton have both taken to sleeping in until early afternoon, so the mornings have been rather quiet. 

But, we all have our moments when we starting to feel a bit like Phenom, don't we? 


Most popular "hurricane snacks": We've circled back around to Brownies

Toilet paper supply: Still Plenty!

Current binge watching obession: Last night we watched the Office, UK version for the first time

Most popular game: Pandemic! 

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 2. Getting out just to the neighbors pool felt like getting out, and that was nice. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 7, we might have watched it twice today (I watched it first thing this morning while working on stuff, and then Hayden got up and put it on again). 

Trips to the store: 1

Days Down: 8

Days Remianing: Undetermined.

No comments:

Post a Comment