Sunday, March 15, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day Two

Today the US sits at 3,660 cases of coronavirus, and Florida passed the 100 mark. Yet again, Florida officials dropped the number in the middle of the night: 39 new cases here. 4 more in the Tampa Bay area. Doesn't sound like a lot, but I remain disappointed in the actions of the Florida governor. He's saying he's not ready to say we should close down resturants, portions of beaches have been closed in Miami, but that was a Miami decision, not our governor. And  there's still people out and about everywhere. Disney was still open today and a couple of blogs I follow were sending people out. Just stay home! Wait times were lower today, but still hovering around an hour for any of the major rides. Disney World Resorts and Disney Springs are still remaining open. The Tampa Zoo finally announced today they'd be closing (Busch Gardens and SeaWorld announced yesterday), and our library has canceled all events for the next two weeks (Hayden is really sad, he had no less than 8 library events this week), but they are still open. 

Since I grew up in Ohio, I'm seeing lots of posts from my Ohio friends and family, and their governor is really shutting things down, with way less cases reported. I'm jealous. Selfishly I want this over as soon as possible but the longer we don't shut it all down, the worse it's going to be and the longer we're all going to have to be practicing "Social Distancing".  This introverted girl isn't so much upset about distancing socially, but I would like to go to Disney and the beach someday again soon. I honestly wish Trump would just get up there and be like "ok, we need to shut it all down!" 

For our part though, we were all practicing "social distancing" again today. Here's the thing about us, we're all used to usually being home together- so we know how important it is to get out and about, because being home all the time can make you ancy. I make a point to get out at least once on the weekend, because we're all going to be here anyway. 

So without being able to really go out, we can still bike ride down the trail over in Connerton. We took the 10 mile loop around, and I have never seen so many people out and about. The one trail we take you can go on and not see a single person, but not today. There were dozens of peopel on the trail alone. I assume this is good news, at least some other people are staying around their neighborhoods and getting outside instead of  hanging out with a bunch of other people. 


The only thing we had to touch was the crosswalk sign. So, Asa pressed the button with his foot. 


There was a Pokemon raid today too, Asa and Hayden usually go with a lot of people from the neighborhood, so everyone messaged and said they would all stay in the car to do the raid. 


I meanwhile went to work on the stuff for James Madison's birthday. It's tomorrow, but I'm just not ready yet. I think we'll do it Tuesday. This whole running out and preparing has me a little off my schedule and time lines. Also, I might have put Frozen 2 on again while I was working. 


The boys and Asa all played Civ 5 today, and got mad at each other a bunch. But, they do all sit in different rooms, so it's just shouting occasionally from room to room about war elephants and border crossings and peace deals. 



For dinner, Asa made us beef stroganoff. I took a picture of my salad, so later I can remember the days when I had all the toppings. And strawberries and bananas- I'm going to miss when I have to move on to apples and clementines. 


Hayden also made brownies for everyone. 


And we all decided to make Coronavirus Bingo. If we get Bingo, we'll make another one, until hopefully this is all over. 



 Most popular "hurricane snacks": Brownies and String Cheese

Toilet paper supply: Still Abundant

Current binge wathing obession: The Morning Show, we have just a couple episodes left!

Most popular game: Civ 5

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 1. So far so good. 

Days Down: 2

Days Remianing: Undetermined.  


No comments:

Post a Comment