Thursday, March 26, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 12: Happy Quarentined Birthday, Asa!

Yesterday was Asa's 37th Birthday. There's no Birthday Extravaganza Weekends to be had this year, which I guess is ok when you have your birthday on a Wednesday. Asa was going to work his birthday like normal, since we were headed to Cincinnati today, but since that didn't happen, he took yesterday off instead, and we hung out around the house. There was video games. 


And we checked on the garden. Asa likes this part of the day. Don't offer to water his plants for him, he's very territorial over the hose. 


In an effort to do something nice for him, I told him I could make whatever he wanted, of course, assuming we had the ingredients. So, a taco bar was born. We haven't had one since football season was over, so people were excited to eat tacos, burriots and nachos all day. 


We're also fully stocked with drinks, so we had drinks and watched the Matrix. 


And then we played outside some. 


The guys played basketball, while I kept score and drew with sidewalk chalk. 


We don't play HORSE anymore, instead we play VIRUS. 


We had planned on going to the theaters to see Onward for Asa's birthday. That obviously wasn't going to happen, but Disney did release Onward early. It'll be on Disney plus next week for free, but we shelled out the $20 to have it early, it was a lot less than we would have spent in the theaters anyway. 

I also got down the popcorn maker and made fresh popped popcorn, and made a little candy bar area. 


And then we all settled in to watch Onward, we even got Peyton to watch it with us. I liked it enough. I didn't love it, but it was cute, and nice that we got to watch it for Asa's birthday. 


And then there was cheesecake, which I had bought last week when I went to Publix, I was proud of myself for remembering these things. I have a strict once-a-week store rotation going, alternating Publix and Costco. But, the cheesecake was delicious. 


A very happy birthday to my best friend in the whole wide world. A Quarentined birthday to remember. The question is, how many more of us will have to spend our birthdays in quarentine? Calib is up next on June 1, so lets cross our fingers life has some semblence of normal by then.



No comments:

Post a Comment