Tuesday, August 3, 2021

2020(1) Summer Games Day 13: Diving

 It's Day 13 of the 2020(1) Summer Olympics. Today's Event is Diving, and our Spotlight Country (which was obviously guessed very easily by all the kids), is Mexico. 

We had special morning coffee in honor of Mexico, curtesy of the last Misfits box. (It was really good!) 


Back when we did the country project, I took a little less help from the store (still, some help), but I just was not feeling great on Monday- so I took ALL the help from the store. Thanks Trader Joes. I appreciate you. But, also, build a store in Wesley Chapel, please and thank you. 


I paired all of that with some mango and sweet potato fries and called it a day. 


Hayden was starving, and he downed a couple tamales (as did Peyton and Asa). 

But I just ate a little of the other stuff. 


I was, however, feeling well enough to do tonight's event: Diving! (I don't know why, but it's one of my favorites). 

Simple enough: drop the pennies into the pools and score points. 
(Excuse Etta and Dipper- Dipper is always curious as to what I am up to- and Etta is just spending her days laying by the door waiting for Calib to get back these days)> 



I think we did five "dives" (aka penny drops). 





Hayden came out on top. 


Your 2020 Diving medalists. 


Betting today was on the Men's Springboard Diving. As predicted China went one and two (yet nobody placed a bet on them!) Great Britain placed third, but there was no payouts. 


A look see at where everyone stands. 


Calib didn't end up getting home until almost 10 again- and the dogs were so confused. I did let them come in and hang out with me while I watched some Olympics last night, but they just messed up my bed a whole lot. Rumor has it Calib might be home at a more normal time today, so we'll see! 




No comments:

Post a Comment