Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Corinne's 40th Birthday Extravaganza: Day Six!

 One last morning in the cabins, on the last day of my six day Birthday Exravaganza! Mom went around that morning taking pictures of everyone totally zonked out from the night before. 

While people were tired from the night before, I was up bright and early to make the most of our last few hours in the cabin and at the Wilderness Lodge. 


While Asa went down to Roaring Fork to get breakfast, I took a bath. Because I wanted to be sure to take one in all of the fancy tubs. This one had a fun shower head you could pull out and use too. None of the others had that feature- the jets were the same as the Riviera and came from the bottom. 


And then Asa was back with my Banana Foster French Toast, and his Brisket Hash. Which of course was all delicious. 


Calib, meanwhile, enjoyed his poptarts and milk in the hot tub one last time. 


But we did have one last visit from our deer friend and the baby. 


Then it was time to pack up, and get in one last Mickey cartoon (they are adorable- we didn't know anything about them until Gwen and Garrett introduced us). 


Poor Asa had to make a lot of trips to the car. He was exhausted after yesterday. 


Before we left we had to take the obligatory pictures: 
Grandma with all her grandkids. 


And a dip kiss picture. 


Oh, and mom snapped one to see whose hair is longer: Gwen or Peyton? You be the judge. 


That's a wrap for cabin 8021. I'll probably never get to stay in one of these again. But, the only bucket list hotel left for me now is the Polynesian. I checked off quite a few on this trip. 


Cort and Holly planned on spending the day hanging around, before heading back about 5 pm. They had to time picking up their dogs at Clint's house in Tennessee- where Jessica was watching them (she had to work, so she couldn't come)- with when they would be heading off to work. 

So, we decided to hang around with them too. We found ourselves one of the cabanas at the quiet pool. 


Which we didn't quite all fit in- but there was also some chairs on the other side. 


But, I also wanted to hit the big pool, so some of us walked over there. 


The big pool has the slide of course, which I went down a couple times (I made sure to go down all the slides at all the pools!)


But, there's also this area I love- where the waterfall drops down into a stream and you can sit there with a nice flow of cool water. 


Garrett said you could jump off there, so we both did that too. 


So we hung out there for awhile... 


And then headed back to our spot Peyton had been keeping for us at the cabana. 


We got take out for lunch- some from Geyser Point, some from Roaring Fork (Cort and I ran to go pick it up), and then ate our Marion BBQ Burgers and such by the pool. 

And then we had just gotten back in the pool when they called it for weather, and we had to leave. 



There was some debate as what to do next, but we decided that weather was probably effecting most things around Disney (including mini golf, which we contemplated). The skies were pretty dark. 

We ended up just hanging out the pavilion just off Geyser Point...

where they have pool, foos ball, and table tennis among other things. 



We played doubles table tennis with Cort and Holly... 


... and the wind kept taking our ball. 



I like this sequence of pictures because I feel like you can tell how exasperated Hayden is with Calib being his partner. 


The kids also played around with the beach ball. 


It never did rain, though there were some weird clouds. 


So eventually we took a seat over on the couches outside. 


Cort, mom and I also went to check out the gift shop. But, we had a casualty on the way. Cort stepped on this guy and he was dunzo. 


I actually left them in the lobby, and took this picture on the way back. I should have stayed with them, instead of a dead lizard picture, I could have had a picture with Goofy. 

We were just about to give up hope on the pool- Hayden and Asa had just changed out of their swimsuits, when Calib came rounding the corner, arms waving, to tell us the pool had reopened. 


So most of us got back in. We played around with the beach ball, trying to keep a volley going on as long as we could. I think our top score was 72. 


After we said our goodbyes to the Sattlers. 

 Asa, Peyton, and Hayden headed home, while Mom, Calib and I headed over to Disney Springs. I was still on a lookout for the Lumiere Cake Plate I saw during our anniversary and was hoping World of Disney would have it (they did not!) But, mom still bought me a few fun things. 

Plus I had picked up a magnet at the Riviera. 


And then we got a snack..

and some cupcakes from the Sprinkles Cupcake ATM! 


When I got home I had a gift waiting for me. Nate, Allison and Layla had sent me the CUTEST goat to add to my collection of animals on the front porch. (Worth noting a week later I got a fun birthday package from them too. Nobody knows how to put together a birthday package better than Allison.) 


My mom had a few other things for me too. Another Hayes shirt!


AND!!! MY VERY OWN CHROME BOOK! My laptop has been on it's way out for awhile, and I had thought about converting to a Chrome Book (Hayden's always looks so cool and functional), and Asa and her picked one out for me. I've actually been writing all my birthday blogs on it. I love it!


Mom also brought us some stuff from Ohio, including papers from all the important headlines over the last year or so that her friend had grabbed for me. 


And then, in a big Birthday Surprise, Overcooked released a new DLC on my birthday... called Birthday Party!! How perfect is that? 



Oh, and remember that cake box? I kept it and put in all kinds of momentos from my 40th birthday. It's up on the plant shelf in our room now. It's perfect. 


So, that's it for my birthday extravaganza. Shout out to my brothers, sister in law, niece and nephew for taking time out of their busy schedules to celebrate with me. Thanks especially to my mom for bank rolling it all. And thanks to Asa and my boys for being helpful, fun, and all around good sports about everything. I'm one lucky 40 year old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment