Sunday, February 6, 2022

2022 Winter Olympics, Day 2: Cross Country Skiing

 Welcome to Day 2 of the 2022 Winter Games! Our Spotlight Country today was Germany, and our event was Cross Country Skiing! 


Calib and Peyton both got Germany correct, and chose to add Germany's medal total to theirs (it's a medal at the end of the games for the most "country" medals). 


They also bet on the Women's Skiathon, 15K. Calib won by picking Norway, the gold medal winner. 


Dinner of course was from our 5 spoons up cookbook from the country project. All of our Spotlight countries are countries taking part in the winter games, and most of them have a recipe or two in our 5 spoons up cookbook. Some, however, we won't have a meal with (the Olympics coincide with Hayden's birthday, the Superbowl, and Valentines Day- so there are a few meals I didn't have to worry about). 

We did collect some authentic German ingredients for Germany day. 




We basically spent the day watching Olympics. Hayden and Peyton came and went, but Asa, Calib and I were in for the long haul. We watched snowboarding, curling, speed skating, and the biathlon. And bundled up on the couch. It's cold again. 



Our event was Cross Country skiing, so I set up a track out in the back yard, with stops for each continent. They had to put on their skis, make their way around the track, and stop at each location to identify flags. Fastest time won. 



Hayden was up first. 


Calib went next. 


And Peyton went last. 


Calib came out victorious, and we awarded our medals accordingly. 


Here's where they stand after the first day of events.. 




That's it for today. Tomorrow is a little weird. In case you're wondering what I'm doing blogging at 12:15 AM, since Hayden's birthday is Monday, he's asked to pull an all-nighter this weekend. That's happening tonight. They're currently watching Ghost Busters, so I figured I'd catch up on the blog with the Olympics. 

Also, I have 5 hours and 45 minutes till bedtime. I'm getting way too old for this, right? I guess I'm lucky I had kids young! 







No comments:

Post a Comment