Wednesday, February 9, 2022

2022 Winter Olympics, Day 5: Snowboarding

 Welcome to Day 5 of the 2022 Winter Games. Today, our event was Snowboarding, and our featured country was Lebanon


Hayden was the only one to get it correct, so he had an advantage in the Snowboarding event. 


The event to bet on today was Men's Big Air. Nobody got paid out as Norway took home gold, USA came in with the silver, and Sweden took the bronze. 


The snowboarding event is new this year. You take a (cutting) board and some (fake) snow (balls), put them together- and you have Snowboarding! 

You got three "runs" (Hayden got four, since he won an advantage by guessing Lebanon correctly), to see how many times you could bounce the snowball off the board in a row without dropping it. 


I went first, my best run was 21.  

Hayden was up next, and his best run was 38. I knew I was off the podium right then and there. I just wasn't very good at snowboarding. 

Calib went next, and his best run was an impressive 54. 


And then Asa went, and he only took one run.. 


Because he got 115. And didn't think he'd beat it on subsequent runs anyway. 


We were still waiting on Peyton, who was asleep when we did our runs, but I was pretty confident at least Asa's 115 would stand. 


Still, Peyton had a good showing, and ended up on the podium. 


Your 2022 Snowboarding Medalists: 


For dinner, we had Instant Pot Chicken Shawarma, some Lebanese Spiced Potatoes, and Strawberries. It was an easy dinner, since Asa had a long day today, plus he was catching up from taking Hayden's birthday off yesterday. 


Hayden had his Fun Friday last week, and bought himself a free day off school with all of his chips. He was excited about a four day weekend. So, I took the opportunity to work on some Snackadium stuff. I have a vision for this one, so I'm hoping I can get it all to come together. So far, so good. 



I'm even trying my hand at some plaster of paris columns. 


A look at the leader board after Day #5... 

Peyton and I are still looking for our first gold... 


And Calib has the most money, but Hayden is hot on his heels. 

See you tomorrow for Freestyle Skiing! It's supposed to be nicer outside (warmer and not rainy!) so we can head back outdoors for the event 

No comments:

Post a Comment