Sunday, February 6, 2022

2022 Winter Olympics, Day 3: Luge

Welcome to Day 3 of the Olympics. Our featured country is Sweden, and our event is the Luge. 



Everyone got the country correct. It was a pretty easier one (I swear it gets harder). 


And everyone picked Germany to win the Mens Singles Luge Event in Beijing, so everyone gets $1 added to their jar, since Germany was the gold medal winner. 


For the luge, everyone had to pick their 'luger'.. basically a guy I was going to freeze in ice. 


This got much more intense than I anticipated. 


I froze those guys in ice, and everyone had their official luger. 



I built a luge track in the backyard out of pool noodles, tape, foil, and a couple of stakes to secure it to the ground. And of course some cones to show the start and finish line. 


Then, I tried out the track. But my luger didn't go very far. So, I decided we needed to make the track slicker.. Sure, water might work. But that might also mess with the tape. So, I went a different route.

It still didn't make the ice cubes fly any further. I think they were too heavy. I should have gone smaller. But it worked. Everyone lined up and took three runs, and then we recorded everyone's best by marking the pool noodles with tape. 

Your 2022 Luge Medalists..  



Dinner we wanted something easy, so we took a little help from the Food section at Ikea. I mean, how can you go wrong with Swedish Meatballs? 


We were so tired, because Hayden had asked to do an 'all-nighter for his birthday. 

We stayed up, watched a ton of Olympics (snowboarding!), a movie, played games, and went for some Taco Bell (which is now only open till midnight instead of like 4 am. What is that?!) 





None of the dogs were please with this situation, though. 



Around 4, we did make breakfast... with milkshakes. Who doesn't want 4 am Bacon and Milkshakes. 

Look at them all there with their bacon. A bunch of Asas. I live with a bunch of Asas. 

We finished up the night- or morning, with some Cards Against Humanity (we even got Peyton to play), and then went to bed at 6 am. Sure, the sun doesn't come up here until a little after 7, but 6 seemed to me to signal that you've stayed up all night, so we deem it counts. 

Asa and I slept until noon, Hayden till about one. We did have a nice mid-day charcuterie though, thanks to our leftovers from Opening Ceremonies and Finer Things Club. 

Hopefully we can adjust back better tonight, since it's Hayden's 16th Birthday tomorrow! 

I leave you with the update on the leader board: 




No comments:

Post a Comment