Friday, May 1, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 49

You guys, we've done it. After the longest April there has ever been in the history of the world, we've made it to May. The calendar FINALLY gets to flip to the next page!! Fun fact: Peyton never left the property during April, and Calib and Hayden didn't leave the subdivision. In fact, none of the kids have ridden in/driven a car for the entire month. Bananas. 


I have no idea whats going on in the world, because I've been rather busy today. We did all start out on Groundhog day today! All of us on the same movie has never happened before. 


Peyton is actually cycled. He was up and around all day. It was weird. He even came out with Asa to check on the garden this morning, and he's been super talkative. 


During this morning's garden check we also found this guy warming his belly on the rocks. 


So, Peyton. All day he's been around. And things have gotten weird. 


We had some groceries delivered today too- Costco and Publx, and our Costco mail delivery came today as well. We're back up and fully stocked. We've also got a great assembly line going. Our shoppers drop it off, I wipe it down, and I assembly line everything into the house. 


We also did a candy bar election today. If you haven't seen it, you might want to check it out. Our edited video is great. But, I also posted the outtakes. People are screaming, Calib is the worst at reading anything on camera (and he knows it). Suddenly he turns real robotic. It's awful. His Public Speaking grade was rescued by the Pandemic though. He had a C, giving speeches and all. But when it turned into papers and quizzes after it went all online, he ended up with an A. 


Oh, and Etta sat under the table farting. People didn't love that. 


And after all of that, we all moved up to Fight Club. 


So for our 'fun thing' today, I decided I'd do a new take on our usual Christmas open bar. So I made a menu and opened up from 5-8 to take orders. 


I added my bell to ring for service. 


And got out all kinds of things ahead of time, and popped some popcorn. 


Then my customers started coming and checking out the menu. 


I took everyone's orders on post its to keep track of everything. 


And I told the boys the only cost of ordering was that you had to get your picture taken with whatever you ordered. Calib said it wasn't a very profitable business plan. 


My customers just kept coming back for more. 



But eventually I got my dinner break too. 


I even had dessert. But it's Friday. 


And at least I went for an after dinner walk. 


And we spotted one gator. 


So now the boys are playing basketball. 


And I'm blogging! 


That's it from here. We did watch the Parks and Rec thing last night, and that was fun. 


Current binge watching obsession: Billions, and we also started Afterlife

Most popular game: NCAA has been on all day. 

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 2. I did fine today, especially considering it's day 49. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 29. Almost put it on tonight, but came outside to blog instead. 

Trips to the store: 4 (2 Publix, 1 Costco, 1 Lowes), and four take out trips (Capital Tacos, 2 PDQ, and a Blaze DIY Pizza Kit)

Grocery Deliveries: 8  (4 Costco, 4 Publix) 

Food Delivery Nights: 5 (Greenland Grill & Taco Bell, and BJ's, McDonalds, and Wawa)

How many times we've walked the loop: 34. Just the once today. 

Days Down: 49

Days Remaining: Undetermined. But at least 2 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment