Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 60

We've made it to day 60! I've missed the news today, because Hayden and I spent a lot of the day outside today. Oh! But I did hear Disney Plus is dropping Hamilton on July 3rd, like over a year earlier than planned. Yayyy!!! I am SOO excited about this. 

Anyway, today Hayden and I decided to Disney-fy the driveway for our "fun thing" of the day, and it ended up taking a lot of the day (with breaks to come in and cool down, only 40% humidity today but that sun is getting hot out there!) 

We had gotten some new sidewalk chalk, and not just pastels. We burned through a lot of it today, but honestly pretty soon it is going to be too hot to do sidewalk chalk soon. Anyway, we made a list of things we thought maybe we could draw. Hayden is an artist, especially anime style type things. I am no artist, but I try. 


And after a day drawing, the driveway is full. 


Let's take a closer look, shall we? Hayden made Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast. He did a great job considering the fact we were pretty much out of yellow when he started. 


I made a nod to the Swedish Chef from the Muppets. 


And the wanted poster for Mr. Potato Head from Toy Story. 


I tried my hand at Baby Groot. 


And Hayden made the broom from fantasia with the water buckets (also seen in philharmgic) 


I was pleased with my Perry from Phineas and Ferb. 


While Hayden made Stitch with a top hat. 


He also made a nod to Winnie the Pooh with a Hunny pot. 


We love Tangled here. Hayden made the sun. 

While I made the lantern mural. 


I also made the boat from Moana. It's probably one of my favorite ones I did. 


Plus, you guys, after Coronavirus we can voyage again! 


Of course, I also had to make the Up house. 


And one of my favorite's of Hayden's came in the form of the guitar from Coco. 


He also made Kermit. 


And the poison apple from Snow White. 


I screwed up my Mad Hatter, then tried to fix it, then screwed it up more. But hey, we're not all artists. At least I tried. 


And I didn't realize we were out of black when I started on my Baymax, so that made things a little tricky. 


In a nod to Wreck it Ralph we made the medal. 


I did not love the way my Peter Pan turned out, but Asa and the boys liked it. So it's growing on me. 


Hayden made an Oogie Boogie. 


And I made the Pixar Ball. 


Of course, Star Wars is Disney too. So we made BB-8. 


And I tried my hand at Piglet. 


In honor of Toy Story 4, we made forky. 


And for Monster's Inc, we made Mike Wazowski 


The Incredibles was an easy drawing, since I just went with the logo.  

 

And we even showed off the new movie, Onward, with the Wand. 


And in honor of our love of all things Disney Plus, Hayden made a baby Yoda. 



But my favorite one he did was his Simba drawing from the Lion King. 


Even Calib and Peyton were impressed with our work!

So other than chalk drawing, and watching Toy Story, Mulan, and Frozen II today, we did do some other things. I went on three walks today. 

Once this morning with Asa, Ellie and Phenom. 


Then a lunch walk with Asa. 


And an after dinner walk with Asa and Hayden. 


And we even saw three (baby) gators!


And a turtle! 


Plus, I had backyard for lunch. Complete with all my greens, cucumber, peppers, and tomatoes from the garden. 


Oh, and last night Asa realized a hummingbird was stuck in the garage, so him and Hayden went out to rescue it. Which, they did eventually. 


Most popular "hurricane snacks": Calib got moved up to Fight Club today when he discovered Peyton eating a Tangerine Outshine Fruit Popsicle.  So, there's that. Oh! And, I have quarantine to thank for finally weighing less than Calib. I haven't really lost any weight. Mostly held pretty stead. But, thanks to all those quarantine snacks and the gym being closed, Calib gained like two pounds, and that's all I needed! Goal weight achieved! 

Current binge watching obsession: Billions, and  Afterlife. I think we might watch Upload tonight, though. 

Most popular game: Animal Crossing and HyRule Warriers

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 2. Today was alright. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 32. It's on right now. 

How many times we've walked the loop: 50. Two today. For not keeping track of this the first 3 weeks, we sure have walked the loop a lot.  

Days Down: 60! That's a milestone. 

Days Remaining: Undetermined. But probably 19 more. That's how far we are from June 1st, which is Calib's birthday, and he's hoping to go to the beach. We'll see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment