Saturday, May 9, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Days 56 & 57

Again, I didn't blog yesterday. I was in a mood. These days in the 50s have been rough. I don't know if it's setting in that we're in for the long haul, or the fact that we paid for our anniversary trip to Disney, even though I know we can't go on our anniversary trip to Disney, or the fact that summer is coming, and I know I just won't want to spend as much time outside. But, it's something. It's just getting hard, and taxing. 

But, hard for me is much easier than it is for a lot of other people. So you have to try and keep perspective as much as possible. 

I feel like there was news yesterday, but I'm not sure what anymore. It runs kind of together. Hours after we did the final payment on our Disney trip they announced they were no longer taking reservations for the month of June, though. I suspect in the next week or two we'll get our cancellation/reschedule email. But, we'll see. Did I tell you Disney Springs was going to see some openings on May 20th? But so far, it's all 3rd party restaurants that will be opening, no Disney owned anything. 

Our salons and barber shops can open on Monday. And while beaches are open, Pinellas County put together an awesome website where you can track how full each beach is (what percent capacity the beach and parking and bridges are at!) So that's helpful in practicing social distancing. Florida is trying to figure out how to go through with some graduations. In Daytona Beach they're doing drive thru graduations at the Speedway. In Lakeland their hoping to use a baseball stadium and space people out. 

Our Commissioner of Agriculture has also put together fresh produce drive thrus at a bunch of schools. The high school across the street from our subdivision gave out 600 boxes in 45 minutes, and had to turn people away. There was some program in our county to help pay bills, and it was cleaned out in 15 minutes. Shocking stuff. 

Oh, some people in the White House tested positive for the first time. The VP's press secretary, some personal valet for Trump and some secret service. That was a bingo square back when we had a bingo board going. 


So that's it for news. 

Yesterday, I took Ellie on the whole loop. But man, she was SLOW. We did spot one gator sunning itself though. 


Hayden and I made ice box cake for our fun thing for the day. 


And yesterday evening Peyton was so bored he volunteered to go on an after dinner walk with us. Peyton, people. This is serious. He hasn't left our property since March 17. 


We are still having nice nights though. So basketball is still happening most evenings. 


But like I said, not a great day for me yesterday. 


This morning I decided I was going to try and get a lot of sunshine. Hopefully that would help. So, lets garden check. 


And we did Panera grocery again. Such an easy set up. (And my $10 off $40 works as much as I want to use it between now and Monday). 


This time we added soup to our order. 


And then we all spent like half an hour trying to get Calib to wake up. He has to be up for Math class at 8:30 on Monday morning, so we were trying to get him to adjust some. 


So at 12:30 we were in his room talking loudly, listening to Peyton tell us the plot of the epic of gilgamesh to try and wake him up. 


Etta was amused. Calib was not. 


I played some Mario Party with Asa and Hayden (and Asa, Hayden, Calib and I played moving out) 


And I treated myself to half a Panera cinnamon roll with my coffee. It's a lot though, I had to share it. 


Asa and I took an afternoon walk, and found one gator. 


And as of today, our parks and playgrounds are open. 


Such a good thing so many people complained, because both parks we walked thru there were a whopping ZERO people there. 


Like, people weren't allowed there, and there were a million people there. Then, people were allowed and nobody wanted to go. So, yea. 


Not a soul. Still no net at the volleyball court though. 


Today also should have been opening day for Cedar Point. We "rode" some rollercoasters in honor of the opening day that wasn't. Bummer, because we have passes for this year. But, we most likely won't even be making it to Ohio this summer. I just don't envision myself traveling that far from home for awhile. Good thing Cedar Point has said our passes will be good for the summer of 2021 too. 


Asa and I are going to do date night tonight, so I'm blogging early.  Hope you're all hanging in there, and looking forward to Mother's Day tomorrow. At least we can have our annual Lifeboats game tomorrow. Some traditions hold true, even during a Pandemic. 


Current binge watching obsession: Billions, and  Afterlife. Thinking about starting Upload.

Most popular game: Mario Party, and Moving Out

Boredness scale 1 to 10: Yesterday was like a 9. Today was like a 5.

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 31. Our average is dropping. Moana is on now (and we recently checked off The Rescuers on our Disney Movie Checklist)

Trips to the store: 4 (2 Publix, 1 Costco, 1 Lowes), and four take out trips (Capital Tacos, 2 PDQ, and a Blaze DIY Pizza Kit) 3 Panera Grocery pickups

Grocery Deliveries: 8  (4 Costco, 4 Publix)

Food Delivery Nights: 8 (Greenland Grill & Taco Bell, and BJ's, McDonalds, Capital Tacos, 2 Wawa, and a Moes)

How many times we've walked the loop: 46. Three yesterday. One today.

Days Down: 57

Days Remaining: Undetermined. But probably 22 more. That's how far we are from June 1st.


No comments:

Post a Comment