Monday, May 11, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 58: Mother's Day in Quarantine

When I last left you on Sunday evening, Asa and I were about to have date night. We finished up the Imagineering Series on Disney Plus, and had some lobster ravioli and coconut shrimp. Yum. 


Then, Sunday morning I got whipped cream and cinnamon on my coffee, and Hayden and Asa made a Disney play list for me. 


Hayden also decorated the house with various drawings. My bedroom door was a nod to Tangled. 


I had a whole poster of all the president's telling me Happy Mother's Day. 


I appreciated the detail. Teddy had a hat and monocle, Harry Truman had his classic round glasses. 


Chester Arthur's mustache is iconic. 


And some of them, like Calvin Coolidge, accurately did not say Happy Mother's Day at all. 


While Grover Cleveland says it twice. 


TJ has on PJ's, which is fitting. 


Andrew Jackson looks mean with his fiery hair. 


And Jimmy Carter is a peanut. 


Trump is next to Lincoln, ironically after last week's stunt at the Lincoln Memorial. 


Streamers were also attempted. 


And some of my favorite things, like a penguin were drawn too. 


Plus a whole slew of Disney characters. 


But his Lumiere is probably the best. Hayden even wrote all the lyrics to Be Our Guest. 


After decided to brave the possible rain, we went for a bike ride (it never did really rain). 


And when we got home, Hayden had made a mini golf course to play. 


Which I did while Asa made me Tonga Toast. 


And not just any Tonga Toast, but the Kona Cafe version with Strawberry Compote. 


Then it was time to pick out some games. If you know anything about our Mother's Day, usually we play board games all day, which I love because nobody can complain about any of them, since it's Mother's Day. I got out a stack (but we only made it about halfway through). 


I put everyone on Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood so they would have a good starting place if tempers were to flare. 


First up was the classic- reserved only for Mother's Day- Lifeboats. This year's winner was Asa. 


We played hotels (and I won that one off of lucky dice rolls- I paid half for all my building permits, while Asa paid double and then sold his property to me for a loss.) 


I got Calib and Hayden to play a couple rounds of bananagrams with me. (Asa was making a "snack" but I'll get to that a minute.) 


And everyone played the bean game. 


And the boys played me in Scattergories while Asa made dinner. 


Peyton was over board games by then. But he was a trooper. 


Inbetween all of that, Asa and the boys put together a neighborhood scavenger hunt for me.  The kids went off, on their bikes and skateboard, and then I set out. When I found a kid, they presented me with cards. 


I spotted Hayden by gator pond number 1, and Peyton by gator pond number 2. 


Complete with a swimming baby gator. 


And Calib was at gator pond #3


Complete with another swimming baby gator- who swam over to us and then followed us. This is cute for a baby gator. Terrible as he gets older. I hope people aren't feeding him. 


Anyway, thanks for the drawings and cards, boys! 


I also got new sidewalk chalk. Bright colors this time! 

 

We played some Mario Guard (where everyone times to ensure I am the winner.) 


And since our Whispering Canyon Cafe reservation at Disney for Saturday obviously fell through, Asa made us all the food that's on the skillet anyway. It was SO good. We're heating up leftovers for dinner tonight. 


After dinner we watched some of the Disney Family Sing-A-Long Part II that ABC was airing. 


Then, last night we had a Zoom Date with my mom and the Cinci Sattlers and we played Jackbox TV with them: a game of Drawful and Guesspionage. 

I'm off to heat up dinner for tonight, and I'll blog today's events later. But shout out to Asa and my boys for making my Mother's Day in Quarantine so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment