Thursday, May 28, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 74, 75 & 76

I'm behind. I know I'm behind. I just had a rough day yesterday, and Hayden's been using my laptop for Civ, so some nights I just don't ask for it back and decide I'll get to my blog in the morning, but then of course I'm on to something else in the morning. 

The world news? Well, the US passed 100,000 cases. Yesterday I think. Trump is pissed because Twitter fact checked one of his posts, and Disney announced it's opening date.... for July 11 (for MK and AK) and July 15 (for Epcot and HS). For one glimmering moment, I thought we were still going to be able to go for our anniversary. 

And I know most everyone is having to celebrate milestones in modified way. If you haven't had yet, it's coming for you. But, when it's your turn to get something canceled, it is pretty heartbreaking. We have been to Disney for every anniversary since our 2nd. Not so this year. We have backup plans. Asa and I have a whole week of socially distant activities planned. And it'll be fun. But it won't be feet in the sand, disney fireworks, disney pool, disney drinks, disney food kind of plans. And I know, even if Disney WAS open, it wouldn't have been the same. But, you know. Ugh. 

So, let's rewind three days ago when we got to finishing our impossibly difficult puzzle! 


When we got to the end, we discovered one piece missing. And we had already discovered days ago that we had gotten an extra duplicate edge piece (I seriously hope nobody is missing this- to do all of that puzzle and then be short a piece would be horrific). 


For a moment, we thought we were the people who got screwed. We all moved to Fight Club. 


But then we found the last piece! Calib threatened to put it in, and we were about to murder him. Days ago he's the one that said we should do the puzzle, insisted on doing it on the living room coffee table (which killed my knees after all the time I spent putting it together). And then for two days, he said it was too hard and didn't help. 


Ultimately, I got to put the last piece in. 


Seriously. This thing was HARD. 


Hayden and I also did a little baking. We made some banana bread... 


And some doggie cupcakes (aka pupcakes) with banana, applesauce and peanut butter, which they LOVED. 


We topped them with whipped cream to celebrate Phenom turning 13! 


By end of day, baked goods were made, the dogs were happy, and the puzzle was put together. Most of us moved to Onward. 


Oh, and another walk around the loop to the tally 


Let's garden check. My sunflowers are doing well. The bees should be happy. 


My swamp hibiscus is doing really well. 


And we're finally getting lots of green peppers, which I've been looking forward to. 


Somedays, I wish I was a dog in quarantine. They seem so content. 


Yesterday, then, of course, the Disney news hit- and for the first time in 75 days Asa and I both moved our clips to Apocalypse Now. To be fair, several times Hayden asked me if I needed to be there, but I said I was saving it for when Disney inevitably canceled our trip. So, here we are. 


It's hot and humid and greenhouse-y and summery outside too. So, I was like, eff it- lets build the blanket fort early (we usually do it on the first day of summer). So out came the poles and the sheets. 


And before too long, I had done a pretty good job with this year's fort. Very high ceilings this go around. The trick was not to use the tshirt sheets, and just use all the super lightweight guys. 


Oh, and this years fort features not one, but two tvs. Because you need one for Disney Plus, and one for video games. Or of course, you could line up the same thing on both TVs at once. 


We went and got Burger King for dinner. For some reason, we started having Burger King the first night every time we built the fort, and it's become tradition. I'm not a huge fastfood fan. But, it's been at least three months since I had fastfood Burgers, so I was on board. 


Last night we played five person Civ. Once we paused, there was a secret meeting in my room about going after Calib. 

Today, Asa and I went to go on an after lunch walk. 

And I was like, hey, lets take our masks and see what it's like to walk outside in them for an extended period of time (in the heat- just to see). 


On the upside, we saw a deer. 


On the down side, it started pouring on us about halfway around the loop. And let me tell you, once your mask is wet, it's like getting waterboarded. 


So, that was pretty symbolic of this whole thing:
Asa and I try and make the best of things, half-way through, it's pouring. 


That's it from here. I'm going to make us dessert tonight for our "fun thing". Maybe Strawberry shortcake to use up the rest of the strawberries before they go bad. 

Most popular "hurricane snacks": We've been in an ice cream kind of mood lately. 

Current binge watching obsession: Still on Billions. 

Most popular game: Civ

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 4. It's not so much that I'm bored. Now I'm just kind of sad. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 40. Twice in the last two days. 

How many times we've walked the loop: 62. Also twice in the last two days. 

Days Down: 76. So, that's awhile since life was "normal"

Days Remaining: Forever. Life will be like this forever. *sigh* 

No comments:

Post a Comment