Saturday, May 16, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 63 & 64

I haven't given you a stat update for awhile. The US sits at 1.4 million cases, and I think tomorrow we will break 90,000 deaths. It seems like the 100,000 mark will come before the projected June 1st. So, there's that. 44,138 cases in Florida. 

But, most states are chugging ahead on opening. Our lodge opened yesterday. You can go up there and use some of the facilities if you get your temperature taken. You can swim in the pool by reservation only. We might try that next week. Our governor said gyms can open on Monday, but the boys still haven't heard anything from the Flying Squirrel about reporting to work. (I'm guessing trampoline gyms fall under "gyms" but I'm not positive). We're also apparently welcoming any and all sports teams. NFL players can come back to their facilities. 

Asa and I went yesterday morning to do a Panera Grocery pick up again. I got another $10 off $40 coupon, and the boys put in an order for various breads, cheeses, and produce and then we splurged on bagels (that have been VERY popular around here.) Panera gets five stars for how they're adapting. There's a sign on the door requiring a face covering, with information about tables being removed and that sort of stuff. The guy came out with a mask on, dropped our order in our trunk and gave us a wave. But man, next door at Great Clips there was like a gaggle of people standing outside to get checked in for haircuts. They had to wait outside, it seemed. But everyone was standing in a group, and the girl checking them in had a facemask on, but it was down around her neck. I'm not shaming anyone, I'm just like annoyed their is no cohesive message or implementation. 


Case and point: Lowes. Asa and I finally decided to go out and get some mulch and one more pepper plant. About a third of people were wearing masks. Some employees were, some were not. I know there's social distancing lines at the check out inside because I saw them a few weeks ago, but out in the garden center, there was nothing. We picked to check out in the only line where people were spaced out. The other lines were all normal-pre-Covid-19- lines. We paid and went to get the mulch and told the guys standing around we could get it (because there was a sign that said they would load into your trunk but not your car- and I knew it all wouldn't fit in the car). But, they came over anyway, without masks, and loaded stuff into the car, not practicing any sort of social distancing. It was just annoying. Like, fine, if you're going to stand in a group and hang out, but if I then say I've got it, I've got it. 

And there's the masks. So, I only had the soft cozy cotton fabric I use on baby blankets when we made masks. It's HOT. And, it's getting hotter outside here by the day. After 15 minutes outside in them, they were drenched on the inside from sweating. So, that was really discouraging. I just kept thinking 'man, this is what it feels like in 95 degree heat without humidity, and it's going to get so much worse than this). I've looked into some alternatives, and Hayden and I are going to do a Science project with different materials and see if anything helps. But it's so deflating, because I'm like there's no way to spend prolonged amount of time in these masks outside in the summer. First of all, it's not uncomfortable hot, it could get dangerous hot. And second of all, if the mask gets wet or covered in sweat you're supposed to change it out for a new one. Obviously you can't go carrying around enough masks to change out that much. So, I don't even know how like Disney is going to enforce people wearing masks. Hopefully I can figure something out. 


We did have a grocery delivery yesterday. So, I guess I should be grateful at least I can afford to have my groceries delivered to me, in my nice safe, owned home. 


Hayden and I also decided yesterday called for a little Play-Doh therapy. I picked up some fun sets along the way for rock bottom prices, and who doesn't love playdoh. 


I made a cheeseburger with fries and onion rings. 


While Hayden made pizza. 


And Asa went with a taco. 


Then we had Calib and Peyton come out and judge which one's they liked the best. (Peyton chose Asa's taco, Calib went with my burger). 


Asa made us real burgers and fries for dinner, which we watched while double Lion Kings played. 


And then last night we played Jackbox games with Jake over hangouts. 


Today, I woke up pretty depressed. I'm getting REALLY sad about our anniversary trip. It hasn't been officially canceled yet. But I'm sure it will be, people booked the week before our trip have gotten their cancellation emails, and it doesn't look like they're even getting the special offers the first batch of people got. I know lots of people have missed big life moments, or had to alter them. But it just sucks that this is our 10th anniversary. And we've never not celebrated ON our anniversary. I mean, for the last 8 picture in pictures they've been taken at Disney. It's just deflating. 

So when I woke up this morning and the only exciting thing I had to do was "well, I have that soup I could have for lunch" I got even more depressed. But, I mean, it was good soup. 


So I moped for awhile... like A. WHILE. I laid on the floor, the dogs all came and sniffed me and wondered what the hell I was doing. I complained to my mom over Zoom. And I shed some tears. (Maybe I should have kept track of the amount of times I've cried in quarentine. It'd be at least three at this point. But, once every three weeks isn't a bad average, right?) 

To cheer me up,Asa ordered me a blueberry pomegranate smoothie from Wawa. You can't get it delivered with whipped cream. But you can add it later.  


And for the first time in our 64 days in quarantine, I broke down and let the guys order pizza for dinner. (I'm not a huge pizza fan, but I had a BOGO email and I wasn't that hungry anyway). 


There is a bright spot today. On day one of quarantine, we planted some sunflowers. Today the very first one opened. The left was this morning, the right was the same sunflower this evening. It made me happier. It's like past Corinne planted those for present day Corinne, to brighten my day just when I needed it. Thanks, me. I better start thinking of something to do for future me though, because this is only going to get tougher. 


It'll be just a matter of days before I have a whole row of them. 


Most popular "hurricane snacks": Panera Bagels! 

Current binge watching obsession: Still working on Billions in conjunction with  Afterlife and Upload. Peyton finished Too Hot to Handle. He hates Harry and Francesca. Like, don't even get him started on it. 

Most popular game: Oh my gosh. Asa got screwed on an overtime game with a glich in NCAA and all hell broke loose. 

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 10. Like, it cannot get worse than today. I gotta stop wallowing. Hopefully tomorrow. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 34. Once yesterday. 

How many times we've walked the loop: 50. Maybe not walking lately is doing this to me. It's period week and I feel crappy.  

Days Down: 64. 

Days Remaining: Undetermined. But we've got 15 more days of this until Calib's birthday and we're going to try and got out then (to the beach, while practicing social distancing of course). 

No comments:

Post a Comment