Monday, May 11, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 59

It's day 59! Lets get excited to be out of the 50s. Maybe we will hit our stride in the 60s! Calib and Peyton had a Zoom meeting today with their team at the Flying Squirrel. In case you missed it, before all of this happened, they were hired at a brand new trampoline gym, which was supposed to open the end of March. Obviously, that didn't happen. So today was like a little preview to training. I'm thinking they aren't even allowed to open until Florida goes to Phase 2, which includes gyms. But, we'll see what happens. So far all they know is they will probably be required to wear a mask (and as part of their uniform at least they will get a cool Flying Squirrel mask), and they will limit the amount of people coming and going.

In the news, 4.1 5 million cases around the world, the US sits at 1.38 million cases, with Florida just about 41,000 of those. We're over 81,000 deaths. It's crazy that this stuff doesn't even seem like a blip anymore. Sure, turn on CNN and it's a side banner displaying numbers. But, it doesn't seem to phase anyone anymore.

At the White House you finally have to wear a mask. Unless of course you're Trump or Pence. Obamagate is apparently a thing now. But, there's no clear indication of exactly what that is. Trump went on a Tweetstorm. Again. I don't know. This is all same old, same old? Right? Shanghai Disney opened today,becoming the first Disney Park to reopen, so there's some hope. It's not "normal" by any means. But it's something.

We all sat in Calib's room today complaining. Calib was like "remember how we wanted a plague (not really of course, but we're a sinister bunch), who knew it would be this boring?"


I did decide to ride my bike to Publix today. Not for anything, or to go IN the store, just to recycle my plastic that had been piling up (I hate the idea of all this single use stuff. I mean, I get it- but it still sucks). 


Peyton went on a bike ride today just to see if he could find some gators. I passed him on my way to Publix and he directed me to a couple that I swung by and visited on my way home. 


We had a little squirrel visitor on our front porch today. He kind of scurried away from our window once I grabbed my camera though. 


We have had a lot of bird visitors lately. So Hayden and I decided to try out a few diy bird feeders to see what they like before we invest in any feeders. 


We hung them up in the garden where they like to land. We'll see who bites (ha!) 


While we are outside, lets do a garden check. My sunflowers are getting really tall, so I loosely tied them up for some extra support. 


I've got a third cucumber, and the onions will be ready soon. 


We've got a lot of ghost peppers. I hear the guys are planning on picking these soon. 


And I think our lemons are really starting to come around. The one's on the right have been on the tree much longer and are starting to lighten in color (and soften when you lightly squeeze). This is going to be really exciting when these finally start coming. We'll have lemonade ALL THE TIME! 


Calib gave Ellie, Porkchop, and Phenom all baths, because they rolled around in the dirt outside. Etta didn't, so she didn't need a bath. But, there's no reasoning with her. She was convinced she was next up, and really freaked out about it. Hayden consoled her. 


We did take one walk around the loop this evening. 



That's all I have for you. We did have leftovers from last night for dinner out on the patio. I know our days of being wanting to be outside so much are numbered, but frankly we're all pretty shocked that those days are still here. We will take it while we can (I ate lunch out there today too!) It was warm in the sun today, but the humidity remains low, which makes it feel like a summer up north. Lovely. 

Most popular "hurricane snacks": Somewhere along the way, this got dropped off the list, but we're bringing it back! The Costco Mini Lemon Cakes have been a hit. 

Current binge watching obsession: Billions, and  Afterlife. We also watched the first episode of Upload last night. 

Most popular game: Animal Crossing and Moving Out

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 5. I was bored today. But not so ancy. I had a popsicle on the front porch and was like 'so, I'm bored. But there's worse places to be.' 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 31. Our average is at just about one every other day. 

Trips to the store: 4 (2 Publix, 1 Costco, 1 Lowes), and four take out trips (Capital Tacos, 2 PDQ, and a Blaze DIY Pizza Kit) 3 Panera Grocery pickups

Grocery Deliveries: 8  (4 Costco, 4 Publix)

Food Delivery Nights: 8 (Greenland Grill & Taco Bell, and BJ's, McDonalds, Capital Tacos, 2 Wawa, and a Moes)

How many times we've walked the loop: 48. One yesterday (I didn't do the tally on the Mother's Day blog), and one tonight. 

Days Down: 59

Days Remaining: Undetermined. But probably 20 more. That's how far we are from June 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment