Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 24

Behind a day on blogs again. The guys were all playing Civ 5 all evening, and Hayden needs my laptop for that, so I just went to bed early and watched the Imagineering Story instead. 

But yesterday, mentally, was better for me than Sunday. A cloudy-ish morning led to a sunny afternoon, and Ellie seems to have recovered from her cut on her foot, so we were able to go on our morning walk. 


It is notable how many more cars are parked in the neighborhood these days, usually the whole thing would be pretty clear. 


There is also a new note at the parks, hoping to curb gatherings- maybe because the previous sign didn't seem to be working. 


After all the rain, the garden seemed pretty happy. We are starting to see lettuce in our boxes, which is great, and my squash plant had to be cut way back thanks to some mold. But, what does remain seems to be doing ok, so we'll see how that goes. 


I do have a bigger zucchini, so hopefully that means I'll finally stop losing the one inch long ones. And I have a cucumber about ready to pick!


Plus, peppers are starting to blow up. Yay! 


For dinner I was able to pick a whole bowl of beans! 


Asa seasoned them up really good. 10-12 minutes on each side, and these are DELICIOUS. Everyone likes them it would have been even better if I could have planted more. 


I've been trying to do some more fun things with Hayden, so we did some strategy games for school work. I was looking for a memory game. I'm SURE we had one at one point, and while going through the game closet, I came across Sheriff of Nottingham WITHOUT EVEN MOVING ANYTHING OR LOOKING FOR IT! So, Christmas 2018 I got this for Calib. We LOVED it. But by February it was nowhere to be found. And we looked, and looked for MONTHS, to no avail. Finally, 10 months pass and we arrive at Christmas 2019. I buy another one for Calib. Then, yesterday, I'm in the game closet, I get to the bottom shelf and it's just sitting there (I knew the new one was in the living room, so I was like 'WHAT?!?') How was it just sitting there? We've looked in there a thousand times. 


Anyway, Hayden and I also recorded some candy bar election votes. So far it looks like a rematch between Sour Patch Kids and Reese's, but it's still too early to call. 


Monday's are packed with Asa- tons of student calls and essential actions to take care of. But he found some time to walk the loop with me and Hayden. 


We came across some more baby cranes... 


...and more baby gators. We saw three in total. 


Disney also has a bunch of the animation how-to's that you can find on youtube. These have been held in various spots throughout the parks through the years: Hollywood Studios, Disney Quest, and "currently" the Animation Station at the Conservation Station in Animal Kingdom. So we got out our pencils, and clip boards (and I even put on my ears for effect) and we got to drawing. 


We drew Stitch.. 


And then Hayden wanted to do another so we tried our hand at Baymax too. These were fun. I think we'll do them occasionally. 


After dinner, I decided we should take the dogs "out" for some pup cups. They shouldn't lose their fun things just because of this virus, right? So, we went out to the back porch for some cups of whipped cream!


By the evening, I had done all my chores, taught Hayden, walked the loop, done my kettlebell exercises and was a little bored. So I went and hung out in Calib's room with him (he too was on his computer playing Civ). Eventually I told him he was boring, and I was leaving. But he said "Everyone's boring! There's nothing to do!" 


He wasn't wrong, Hayden wasn't much more entertaining. But, at least he was watching Mulan while he played Civ, instead of Shawshank like Calib. 


Counts from yesterday

Most popular "hurricane snacks": We've circled back around to string cheese

Current binge watching obsession: Ozark, we only have one left!

Most popular game: Civ 5, like ALL DAY yesterday

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 3. I did much better, until the evening yesterday. I need to work on spacing out "fun" throughout the day. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 16.5 

Trips to the store: 3 (2 Publix, 1 Costco), and two take out trips (Capital Tacos & PDQ))

How many times we've walked the loop: 6. 

Days Down: 24

Days Remaining: Undetermined. But at least 25 more!


No comments:

Post a Comment