Thursday, April 23, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 40

I didn't blog last night, in part because of the new phone/pictures to blogger situation. But, Asa resolved it. So here we are. No need to catch you up on yesterdays news, so we'll skip right ahead to how we handled our FORTIETH day in quarantine.  

Hayden and I have been talking about doing a Tangled Day forever, since technically she was quarantined for 18 years. So we followed the opening song of "when will my life begin" (the best we could, anyway.) 

Seven AM, the usual morning line up. 


Start on the chores and sweep till the floors all clean


Polish and wax


Do laundry


And mop and shine up


Sweep again


And by then it's like 7:15


And so I'll read a book, or maybe two or three.. 


I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery


I'll play guitar 


and knit


And cook and basically
Just wonder when will my life begin?


Then after lunch it's puzzles


And darts


And baking


Paper Mache


A bit of ballet


and chess


Pottery


ventriloquy..


candle making


Then I'll stretch 


Maybe sketch 


Take a climb 


Sew a dress


And I'll reread the books if I have time to spare


Paint the walls some more, I'm sure there's room somewhere


And then I'll brush and brush and brush and brush my hair


Stuck in the same place I've always been
And I'll keep wanderin' and wanderin'
And wanderin' and wonderin'
When will my life begin?


And there you have it, Tangled Day! Plus now we have a Tangled mural in a garage. It looks pretty good, I think!  Plus, it should make people smile as they go past. 


But once that was all over, I got ornery. I went in Calib's room for a change of scenery and popped rainbow unicorn balls his way. So, that made me feel a little better. 


And we did play some Blokus last night. 


So, that was yesterday. 

Current binge watching obsession: Done with Tiger King. Moving on to Too Hot to Handle, which is just horrific. 

Most popular game: Hyrule Warriors, the new quarantine game

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 6? 5. I was fine DURING Tangled activties. Then it got bad. And Calib was terribly bored yesterday. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 27, still none for the last few days. 

Trips to the store: 4 (2 Publix, 1 Costco, 1 Lowes), and three take out trips (Capital Tacos & 2 PDQ)

Grocery Deliveries: 3 (1 Costco, 2 Publix)

Food Delivery Nights: 3 (Greenland Grill & Taco Bell, and BJ's, McDonalds)

How many times we've walked the loop: 22. 

Days Down: 40. It's like I fricken gave up going anywhere for lent. 

Days Remaining: Undetermined. But at least 9 more. Single digits people. (Although, we'll see what things like look 9 days from today. It's an arbitrary countdown to what, some workers going back to work? I certainly won't be going anywhere in 9 days.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment