Thursday, April 9, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 27

464,000 cases in America tonight, nearing that half a million mark. I think we're nearing 17,000 cases in Florida as well. I didn't see much news today. But I did hear we're nearing 2 million tests. Is that right? I feel like that can't be right. (Remember that time Pence said we'd see 5 million by the end of the week. Yea.) Anyway, we have crossed off a couple of Bingo squares. PA closed schools today, the unemployment report may be bleak for America, but it did cross off a square, and did you see Wellington at the Shedd Aquarium went on another field trip? He didn't seem all that interesting in the Lake Erie exhibit though. 


This morning Hayden was sleeping in the living room in his tent. He says he's doing it again tonight, and asked if that was ok. My response? "Man, whats it even matter anymore?" 


Meanwhile, I had all four dogs with me for morning coffee. 


So, our appliances are on the way out. They're original to the house. But the fridge is picking a bad time to really start it's decline. Today I had to arrange it with the stuff that has to stay coldest on the top, and descending down to the stuff that doesn't HAVE to be refrigerated at the bottom. We had the milk on the bottom, but it went bad down there. I also had to make some hard decisions. Does the cookie dough go on the top shelf? We can't afford to lose it in times like these. But, by brain said I don't NEED it, put it in the bottom (I split the difference and it ended up in the middle). I just need this to last awhile longer. I don't really want to have something delivered in times like these and have a delivery person in my house, you know? And when we get a new fridge, we might as well get a new dishwasher and stove, and microwave, so someone is going to have to put all that in. 


So for now, we live like this. I also didn't go to the store today. Instead we ordered a Costco order for delivery. You guys, it was amazing. They message you along the way, you can pick replacement items, and then they just drop it all off at your door, you open it up and TA DA! Then I just put on some gloves, wiped everything down and handed it inside for the boys to put away. 


Asa took the dogs with me this morning, then after lunch we went on our "gator walk" loop, can you spot them? We saw three on the afternoon walk.  The first one was REALLY tiny, but you can see his stripes next to the bent over grass. 


And this little guy is hanging out by the lily pads. 


In the second little pond there was one back over in the mud. We like to take the gator walk mid-day because they are usually out enjoying the sun. 


Also enjoying the sun: our garden. Picked our first cucumber today. 


My sunflowers are also getting taller by the day. 


And the peppers are coming along. 


Plus my wildflowers are finally blooming. 


And so is my orchid! It's back again! 

For our fun activtiy we decided to make a totem pole out of recycled bottles. We did this once before, but we got rid of it along the way. We have plans to put this one together and maybe turn it into a planter. 


But for today, we just painted them. 



They're still drying, so I'll have to give you an update on them later. 


We've been adding all of our fun things to the April in Quarantine calendar. This might be counter productive though. Today I was like 'we only made that cinnamon roll cake a week ago?!?! It seems like a month. 


We did vote in the first bracket today. Sleepy Hallow Waffled and Casey's Corner Mini Corn Dogs are victorious for the Magic Kingdom, while Woody's Lunch Box Totchos and the Baseline Tap House Charcuterie Board represent Hollywood Studios. Tomorrow we move on the Epcot matchups. 


With all of our paint and totems on the kitchen table we ate dinner outside. 


This is when Asa showed the boys a Daily Show video of all of Trump's "Best Words". Watch the progression of Peyton. It's my favorite. 






After dinner I worked on some Thomas Jefferson stuff. I haven't written his story, but the election sheets and the legacy are all done. The guys played basketball, and then we went on walk #3 for them to cool down. 


And we found one more baby gator. They are everywhere these days. Can you spot it? 


Most popular "hurricane snacks": We got Macaroons! And chips! And a bunch of fun treats without even having to set foot in a store!

Current binge watching obsession: We're two behind on Little Fires Everywhere. It might be time to double up tonight. 

Most popular game: There was talk of playing Tammany Hall tonight, but I'm a little squirrely, so I'm hoping for something a little less involved. 

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 6. I'm not so much as bored, as everyone is just sort of annoying me today. Which is what happens when I don't get out enough. And we know I'm not getting out enough, because I'm literally not getting out at all. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 18.5, another one today. 

Trips to the store: 3 (2 Publix, 1 Costco), and two take out trips (Capital Tacos & PDQ)) This might be where this sits for awhile. Delivery is awesome. 

How many times we've walked the loop: 12 (Twice More Today!) 

Days Down: 27

Days Remaining: Undetermined. But at least 22 more!



No comments:

Post a Comment