Friday, April 24, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 42

Hey kids, I'm back with an update for today. It was a terribly dreary day. From sun up to sun down it has rained, poured at times, thundered and lightninged. I knew that was going to pose a challenging day for me. I need my walks, and my sunshine to help me deal. A backyard pool isn't bad either. Maybe a bike ride. 


So I suggested a garage picnic for lunch today. It's kind of outside, right? 



Phenom loved it! He was excited to be a part of things. 


Ellie meanwhile, was really sad there was no morning walk today. I would have taken her if she would have agreed to go in the rain, and if it wasn't thundering. 


The weather had quite the effect on all of our moods today though. Peyton moved to Groundhog Day, while the rest of us were firmly at Fight Club. I even threatened to move to Apocalypse now. 


I did finally try on the roller blades I took from my moms house last time I was there, and zoomed around the garage. So that's something. 


And we added Rapunzel to our mural today. 


Asa tried to make me feel better by making me Ohana Bread Pudding. It was close, but he's going to try again with the sauce tomorrow. 


And now were watching the pretend draft again. We drafted Antoine Winfield's kid, so that's fun. I'm always a fan of safeties! 

But here's how things stand here right now: 

Calib: "I'm so bored, I wish we could just fast-forward to like being able to do something"

Asa: "I'm so bored, I don't even want to do the things I usually wish I had time to do." 


Current binge watching obsession: The draft, I guess. Again. 

Most popular game: Hyrule Warriors is still real popular. 

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 8. Maybe 9. Today is rough. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 28. We watched that, Wreck it Ralph and Lady and the Tramp and checked those off our list. 

Trips to the store: 4 (2 Publix, 1 Costco, 1 Lowes), and three take out trips (Capital Tacos & 2 PDQ)

Grocery Deliveries: 5  (2 Costco, 3 Publix)

Food Delivery Nights: 3 (Greenland Grill & Taco Bell, and BJ's, McDonalds)

How many times we've walked the loop: 23. Couldn't go today, thanks to stupid rainy shitty weather. 

Days Down: 42. I feel like we're all living in dog years these days. 

Days Remaining: Undetermined. But at least 7 more. 




No comments:

Post a Comment