Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 32

I have no idea what's going on in the world today. All I've got for you is stimulus deposits are going out (we got ours), and our Governor declared WWE an 'essential business', because of course he did. 

I  also didn't take pictures to update you on Bingo, or our Disney Movie Challenge, and we haven't done our Disney bracket in two days. Mondays and Tuesdays are busy for Asa (he works 8am-9pm), so that's usually my tackle some projects day. 

Today it was the backyard.  We have a tree planted smack in the middle of the yard. I'd get rid of it if I wouldn't feel bad about chopping down a tree, and if I wouldn't lose all that shade. But there are roots, so you can't mow around it. Which is annoying in the summer when you have to mow like every four days. 


So I decided we were going to mulch it in. Which meant, we had to pull out all the grass. It's Saint Augustine grass too, so it is annoying to get out of there. It grows basically on a really strong vine. I had to wedge my fingers under so many of them that my finger tips are killing me. (In fact, it kind of hurts to type- and I just finished James Buchanan's election sheet, so I'm going to make this quick). 


We also took our totem pole outside to the garden. We're going to plant from flowers in them, and we've got one more face we could put on there, I just have to figure out how. 


I can probably pick a bunch of stuff in the garden tomorrow. But today I picked my second cucumber. 


And then I put my feet up, and nosed around the internet for a bit, and got some school stuff for Hayden done, while watching some movies on our list. Today we watched Ratatouille, Moana, and Zootopia. Hayden put it on both TVs and lined them up perfectly. He was so proud of himself. 


In the biggest news, we got our stimulus deposit today. Luckily, we are doing ok financially during this crisis. But, we are going to use it to solve our refrigerator issue, and we did pay our mortgage early. But, we also decided to have food delivered. We haven't ever used a food delivery service before, so it was new to us. But very exciting. 


You just place an order, and it shows up on your doorstep, and you don't even have to talk to anyone. It's an introvert's dream! We actually placed two orders. Hayden got Taco Bell, but the rest of us got our food from Greenland Grill, a local place. I know it's best to support the local guys right now. Hayden just doesn't do gyros and lamb and such. 


Most popular game: Stawdew Valley with Jake, all day, everyday. <---- p="" still="" this="">

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 1. I was busy today! 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 23, it's on right now! 

Trips to the store: 4 (2 Publix, 1 Costco, 1 Lowes), and three take out trips (Capital Tacos & 2 PDQ)

Food Delivery Nights: 1 (Greenland Grill & Taco Bell) 

How many times we've walked the loop: 13, no new times today. Four hours of yard work doesn't leave you much time/desire to go for a walk. 

Days Down: 32.   Starting on month number 2. 

Days Remaining: Undetermined. But at least 17 more. I'm actually getting worried our Governor is going to let the order expire, and all hell will break loose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment