Friday, April 24, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 41

I didn't blog yesterday, so it's time to catch you up on Day 41 over here. DAY. FORTY. ONE. 

In the news last night, Trump suggested injecting yourself with disinfectant or UV rays to kill the virus. So, there's that. And we're opening up some more beaches today, but with social distancing restrictions. I think today we'll cross the 900,000 mark in the US, the 30,000 mark in Florida, and over 1,000 deaths. 

In better news, Jimmy Fallon did the hot wings challenge from home, and Parks and Rec are going to be airing a reunion-ish show on April 30th, where they all appear in character. Oh, and tomorrow morning, Sesame Street is having a town hall on CNN. I might have set my DVR to record. 

Meanwhile, here, we're just living our best social distancing life. At least the dogs love it, right? 


Our refrigerator saga continues. I still don't want anyone in the house installing new appliances, so my concession was to get a garage refrigerator. It arrived yesterday morning, and the delivery guys just dropped it in the garage, and we never even saw them. 


So, then we set up and waited for it to cool down. This will help a lot for now. Especially when I have to buy three gallons of milk, to last a week, and then they all end up open at the same time, and I get wildly annoyed. Now, unopened things go out here, and opened items go in the inside fridge. 


We added all of our disney passholder magnets to the front. I think it goes nicely with the Tangled mural Hayden and I did yesterday. 


It was Thursday so it was also grocery delivery day. We got one order from Costco, and a much smaller order from Publix. 


We also decided to come up with a chart for how were feeling. This is what we came up with. 


So then I put our pictures on chip clips and you can move yourself to your Coronavirus Movie Mood. It ranges from "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" to "Apocalypse now"  (Steps include Onward, Groundhog Day, and Fight Club) 


When we put it up there Calib and Peyton were still asleep so we clipped them on how their mood seemed to be the previous day. 


It was also NFL Draft day, and I had very mixed feelings about this. I hate that it all happened virtually. But, at least I thought it would be something to do. Plus, my instacart shopper was able to get all the ingredients I needed to make the pizzas for the first four draft picks. 


We had the Cincinnati Bengals Chili Pizza. 


The Washington Redskins Cherry Pie Pizza. 


The Detroit Lions Honey Mustard Pizza


And the New York Giants Coney Dog Pizza. 


It wasn't my favorite line up I've ever had, but it was good. 


Here's the thing about the draft, I like the "i-show". I watch college football, but I don't pay that much attention to the 'stars', so I don't really know the guys. I learn them from all the preshow packages, the guys who bring their families to the draft, sitting in the green room, coming out on stage and giving their interviews. This had none of that, so I was uninterested to begin with. 


After dinner we did take a walk, only one gator was out and about though. 


I got a new phone too, and I'm still learning it. While not what I was going for, I do think the focus on this picture is cool. 


Anyway, back to the draft, and all 32 teams coming to you virtually. Man, it sucked. First of all, there was no Rich Eisen. It was the ESPN guys, and I loathe the ESPN guys. Second, I felt like there was nothing interesting. You got like 10 seconds of a live feed into someone's home, a player, a GM, a coach. And that was it. There wasn't really any interaction with anyone. I really thought they could have done a better job than they did. Ugh, and if I have to hear one more rich celebrity from their yacht or mansion tell me how we're in this together, just no. And don't tell me this is going to help us have something normal, something where we don't have to think about whats going on in the world, and then talk about coronavirus every two minutes. Just. UGH. But, whatever. 


We did get Tristan Wirfs, and while an offensive lineman isn't a flashy pick, but man do we need it. When we signed Tom Brady, I was like, man, he is going to die here. Our O-line blows. But, hopefully this helps. And now we have Gronk too. So, that's WEIRD. Then I'm like, what if they never actually play here? Who knows what the football season will look like if this is the draft. Also, though, Las Vegas got slighted in losing their opportunity to host the draft, so they did announce they're going back in 2022. It gives me hope if we can't have the superbowl, maybe we'll get it later. Who really knows what's going to happen at this point. 


Anyway, I was about as interested in the whole thing as Hayden and Porkchop. So, I went to bed to watch something else after our pick. Usually I'm even excited about day 2 and 3, but I have no desire to watch it tonight and tomorrow, and that's saying something, because I literally have nothing else to do. 


Calib and Asa did do their usual mock drafts, where they make some and they have me print out a bunch of analysts ones too, so they can check them off and see how many everyone gets right. 


Calib and Asa both got five. 


And I'll post the other guys here too, in case Calib or Asa ever ask about how they did. Peter King did the best with 9 correct. 


I'm worried about how today is going to go for me. It's rainy and gross out, and will be all day. I do not do well with that during quarantine. I'm currently on Groundhog day, but I think it's time to move up to Fight Club. 

Current binge watching obsession: The draft, I guess. 

Most popular game: Hyrule Warriors is real popular. 

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 4 yesterday, until the draft was on. Then it was like a 8. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 27, I don't think I've seen it this week. Hayden is currently watching Frozen I though. 

Trips to the store: 4 (2 Publix, 1 Costco, 1 Lowes), and three take out trips (Capital Tacos & 2 PDQ)

Grocery Deliveries: 5  (2 Costco, 3 Publix)

Food Delivery Nights: 3 (Greenland Grill & Taco Bell, and BJ's, McDonalds)

How many times we've walked the loop: 23. Once yesterday. Although we did the park loop too with the dogs, but that one doesn't count. I don't think we'll be doing any today, unless I put on my rain jacket. 

Days Down: 41. Lets keep this train going. It sucks, but it's what we need to do. 

Days Remaining: Undetermined. But at least 8 more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment