Saturday, April 25, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 43

I don't have much news for you. I know the U.S. passed 900,000 cases. But in some good news, I hear today Ron DeSantis said he wasn't in a hurry to open things back up. That some things in "Phase one" are not things we'll be doing, like movie theaters and sporting events, saying "you're much better off doing things outdoors". I agree, but people also need to practice social distancing. When Asa and I were bike riding on the trail, we'd have to go way off into the grass because people insisted on walking right in the middle of the trail without trying to get six feet away from us and them. It was slightly infuriating. 

I also had my first coronavirus related nightmare last night. I had to go to the grocery store, nobody was wearing masks and everyone would walk by really close and cough. So, I'm not sure my anxiety is going to allow me to go out much even when the government says it's ok. 

So lets check in on how we're all feeling today. Calib actually recently just moved his clip down, and we moved Hayden up. 


We did our Sunday bike ride today, which is going to be real weird tomorrow for perspective of what day it is. But, we did see lots of BIG gators today. Five in all. 


The Grove has out even more flags than they did last time we were over there. 


And we made our way through the Connerton trail and over to make the fountain a Pokestop. 


Also, since we're not going anywhere, we put both the cars in the garage, so they don't have to be moved to play basketball. If you know subdivision houses, you know they call it a two car garage, but if you've got stuff in there, it's a real tight fit. But, it can be done! 


And now there's lots of space for basketball! 


Asa made me french toast for lunch. I sprinkled a little cinnamon sugar on  it with a banana and basically pretended it was tonga toast. 


Then we filled up the pool, and a frog was more than happy to sit on the edge and check it all out. He hopped away eventually, to my pond. 


And then we spent the afternoon in the pool. 


Asa and I had a date night too, and watched the Imagineering Story with lobster ravioli. Fun story, I thought we had Lobster ravioli in the freezer, but turns out we didn't, and I was really bummed. I'd been looking forward to it all week. So then we placed a Costco order and it was delivered in less than the amount of time it would have taken me to go to Costco to get it myself. Since we enrolled in the instacart monthly program, it was free delivery (we tipped of course, but still!) We also got some more Jones Soda which the boys were thrilled about. 


We also voted on our final two for our Disney food bracket challenge to see what we want to eat first when Disney reopens. It's either going to be the Polite Pig Butcher Board or Les Halles in France. 


A check of Coronavirus Bingo for you. 


And an update on our Disney Movie Challenge. 




Current binge watching obsession: Too Hot to Handle probably tonight. But there's also a new SNL tonight! 

Most popular game: Hyrule Warriors is on one TV in the living room, while Disney Plus is on the other. 

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 4. Today was ok. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 29. I just finished working on Grant's birthday for Monday, so it's been on while I do that and this. 

Trips to the store: 4 (2 Publix, 1 Costco, 1 Lowes), and three take out trips (Capital Tacos & 2 PDQ)

Grocery Deliveries: 6  (3Costco, 3 Publix)

Food Delivery Nights: 4 (Greenland Grill & Taco Bell, and BJ's, McDonalds) Last night the boys got ancy for some Taco Bell and ordered it. 

How many times we've walked the loop: 23. No walking today, just biking. . 

Days Down: 43

Days Remaining: Undetermined. But at least 6 more. I have a feeling while our current order won't be extended we'll get some variation of it, we'll see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment