Sunday, April 19, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 37

We've topped  three quarters  of million cases in the US.  Somewhere around 764,000 tonight. And sadly 40,000 deaths. That is a lot of people. Heartbreaking. Florida topped 26,000 today. My county has about 200 confirmed cases, but Hillsborough (where Tampa is) is nearing 1,000. 

That's all I know for news today, and that's because I just checked it. 


Today was warm, but low humidity. I know you have to take advantage of those days while we still have them. So Asa and I had a nice lunch out on the patio. 


And then we went back for "theft part 2," where we took some more rocks for around the pond.  Then we emptied it out, cut back my swamp hibiscus and got my waterfall all hooked up. It looks so pretty now, and it sounds so nice! 


I finally got the rocks to make my waterfall look nice, and my mom had brought my dads river last time she drove down so I finally got that out there too. I think the different colored pebbles in the bottom really add to it  For real, I was really proud of myself for this one. It finally looks like what I had envisioned when we put it in a year ago (or maybe two, I don't know, but I love it). 


Today is also my niece's birthday. She's turning 14 in quarantine, and that's tough. Cort and Holly made it awesome though. She had a big Happy Birthday yard sign complete with emjois, they've had movie nights and special dinners and people left her sweets and chalk messages. But we thought we'd get in on the fun too, and have a virtual surprise birthday party. 


Hayden and I made a sign, and decorated with streamers. 


And blew up a whole bunch of balloons. 


And Asa made Moroccan Orange Cake! 


Calib set up his laptop so we could zoom with them. 


And then we all hid under the table, and when they came on we hid under the table, then threw out a bunch of balloons, jumped out, and yelled surprise! 


And then we lit candles and sang Happy Birthday and had her "blow out" her candles. 


Then Clint and Jess joined in too! So everyone was there for Gwens birthday! 


Clint even showed off his hand standing skills, and his going down stairs, and going down an elevator. Garrett was particularly entertained. 


Later Asa made us burgers for dinner again. 


And then we all ate together while we watched the Jungle Book. 


Which was the only thing we crossed off the Disney Movie Challenge today. 


The guys went out to play basketball so I sat on the porch and colored with chalk. I had wine at the beach, it was lovely. 


Oh, and we also voted on the next round of our Disney Food Bracket to decide what we'll eat first when Disney reopens. Flame Tree BBQ reigned supreme for the Animal Kingdom, but it will have to  go up against the winner of the resorts, the Grand Floridian Cafe. Over in Disney Springs, Chicken Guy has some tough competition in Polite Pig. 



Most popular "hurricane snacks":  Moroccan Orange Cake 

Current binge watching obsession: So now Peyton is watching Tiger King. I just feel like you aren't really experiencing quarantine 2020 without it. 

Most popular game: Everyone is showering after basketball, and then we're about to play Sheriff of Nottingham. 

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 3. I did good today. I also knocked out a ton for school work for Hayden this week. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 27, we didn't finish it last night, so I'm adding the half from that, and one from tonight. It's always on when I'm blogging. 

Trips to the store: 4 (2 Publix, 1 Costco, 1 Lowes), and three take out trips (Capital Tacos & 2 PDQ)

Grocery Deliveries: 3 (1 Costco, 2 Publix)

Food Delivery Nights: 2 (Greenland Grill & Taco Bell, and BJ's)

How many times we've walked the loop: 17, none again today. Hopefully a couple of times tomorrow, we'll see how busy Asa is. 

Days Down: 37

Days Remaining: Undetermined. But at least 12 more.




No comments:

Post a Comment