Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Social Distancing Journal, Day 26

Over 430,000 cases in the US, over 15,700 here in Florida. I have hear our peak is expected in Florida in a week or two, instead of in May now. That would be better. But, I still feel like being done with quarantine May 1 is a bit of a reach. We'll see. I feel like the news is all the same these days, and I've kind of glossed over it. I check the numbers, I see if anything interesting has happened (I still haven't said anything to Peyton about Bernie dropping out today, I'm sure he won't be pleased if I bring it up), and I move on with my day. I do try and check to see if we've got any Bingo squares, but I didn't take a picture of that, so maybe I'll update you tomorrow. I'm too tired to go take a picture now. 

Why? Because I got up at 6:30 this morning. Hayden and I have plans to do a "Tangled" Day, where we do everything in the 'When will my life begin' song. Today was the plan. He insisted we had to be up at 7 to stay true to the song. I insisted we didn't. But, told him I'd get up if he REALLY wanted me to. So, there I was, up at 6:30, and he was like 'yea, I'm going back to bed'. By the time he finally rolled out to the living room, it was nearly 11, and I was not having it. We'll do Tangled another day. But we are NOT getting up at 7 am to do it. 


Asa didn't have his first student call till later in the morning, so at least he was able to come on the morning dog walk with me. 


Then, after lunch, Asa, Hayden and I took walk #2 for the day. We decided the Hawk Wind Trail loop will also count toward our 'walk the loop' counter. 

We like to take that way, because there's usually baby gators hanging around. 


We did notice even the open green spaces have closures announced for them. Probably because they had been packed. 


Hayden and I decided our fun thing today would be the tent in the living room. After all, I was tired, so I was happy to turn the air down and get cozy. 


Hayden even made us hot chocolates. 


And we settled in for a Toy Story 2-4 Marathon. 


Also today, Asa and I decided we missed March Madness brackets so much, we were going to create one of Disney food to decide what to eat first once Disney reopens (and we feel safe going, of course).  Calib came out to look at it, and was shocked I put D-Lux Burger up against Chicken Guy, and one of them would be out in the first round. Worth noting though, there are divisions. 

We've got Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios in division, up against the Epcot Division, 

then we've got Animal Kingdom and the Resorts, up against Disney Springs. Worth noting: by the time Disney opens again we MAY be blacked out of Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom, so we can go to our second place choice if that's the case. (That's also why I pitted them against one another.) 


Dinner was tough tonight, everyone was up at WAY different times, so I didn't think we'd all be hungry near the same time. And tonight was the first time I was like 'yea, except we're out of that', but Asa decided he would make Hayden and I Big Macs and fries. I've been eating really good this week, so that was a treat! 


I worked on Thomas Jefferson's birthday today (it's Monday!) All my notes are done, and all my info sheets for his three elections. As a bonus that also means I'm done with John Adam's election sheets (so future Corinne should thank me!) 

The guys played some basketball, and then we went on one more walk. Three walks is enough to work off the Big Mac, right? 


I did swing by to put my feet in the sand at the volleyball court today too. I miss sand, and beaches. I'm going kayaking to Caldesi ASAP when this is over. 


Most popular "hurricane snacks": Hot Chocolate with whipped cream. 

Current binge watching obsession: I know I haven't exactly been 'binge' watching anything. But tonight is Survivor night! 

Most popular game: Asa, and Hayden are currently playing Stardew Valley with Jake online. 

Boredness scale 1 to 10: 2. More tired than bored today. 

Frozen II Watchthroughs: 17.5 , no new watch-throughs today. We're on more of a Toy Story kick

Trips to the store: 3 (2 Publix, 1 Costco), and two take out trips (Capital Tacos & PDQ))

How many times we've walked the loop: 10 (Twice Today!) 

Days Down: 26

Days Remaining: Undetermined. But at least 23 more!



No comments:

Post a Comment